Microsoft wanted to come out at a thought leader in the smartphone market with its Windows-powered Nokia Lumia phones. The central idea behind ‘Your Wish is My App’ campaign was to place Windows at the top of the app ecosystem by empowering Windows smartphone users to share their app ideas.
Won Best Social Media Campaign of the Year Award
- CMO Asia Leadership Awards, 2013.
- Crowdsource app ideas from the community.
- Engage end users, developers, influencers and the Lumia community.
- Celebrate the best app ideas and encourage more participation.
- Built an idea hub to drive participation through UGC on Facebook and Twitter.
- Empanelled popular influencers and bloggers to host contests on their network to invite app ideas.
- Hosted large scale tweet ups in colleges across multiple cities to drive youth participation.
- Leveraged popular social media platforms such as Social Media Week to conduct live sessions for crowdsourcing app ideas.
- Leveraged celebrity chef Vikas Khanna and top tech guru Rajiv Makhni to host App Melas and Twitter contests.